Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ketsana (Typhoon)... or "Kat sana"???

I was right there when the typhoon hit Manila on 26th Sept.... but lucky me... the plane able to take off, heading back to KL just in time. The night before, it was raining heavily when I went for dinner. Non-stop, till the time when I reached back hotel.

The next morning, the chauffeur arranged by the local partner here came to pick me up, it was still raining. Never in my mind that typhoon is on the way to the capital. Along the way to Clarke Airport, it keep raining. Of course being myself, I did fall asleep throughout the journey of about 2 hours.

When I received SMS from my partner who was stranded there, I know something amiss. On Sunday, when I read newspaper, only then I realized how bad the situation back in Manila. I can imagine that time how the people will suffer there. While I'm writing, another typhoon is heading to Philippine, known as Typhoon Parma.

As I think back, during my previous visit, Philippine was hit with Typhoon Durian. And this visit, another typhoon... Is this coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment