Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Food around Ben Thanh Market

Location: Food stalls beside Ben Thanh Market at night.

We just dropped by at one of the stall available along the street. Today we try to get something different, as we have came to this stall before this. As there is limited photo available in the menu, we just ordered according to our instinct.

We ordered "turned egg roasted with salt tamarind". We thought this is just another egg with some local cooking style. When the food came, it was to our surprise. Actually this is the "balut" version of Philippine, where the egg has embryo in it served with gravy. Though the egg is tasteless, the gravy taste sweet. At first we hesitate to eat, but since Serene decided not to eat it, I've decided to finish it all rather than wasting it. Wow.... I just couldn't believe I've finish the whole thing. Speechless...... OMG!!!

Besides that, we also ordered "rice omlette with bean antiger". I've tried to order this many times, but I just couldn't order the correct dish except whenever I'm with my local friend. This time around, I just make sure to remember the name and can order it in future. It taste good for this. One can try with the sauce available.

This is BBQ pork. Sweet in taste. Simple and tasty, that's what I can describe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment