Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tonkatsu Wako

Location: Tokyo (at one of the chain outlets)
Website: http://www.wako-group.co.jp/top.html

We came to the restaurant here because it is the easiest restaurant to come to and it is nearby to the place where we returned the car today. Though my wife and myself don't know what we are up for, but we totally have faith in the food my brother-in-law going to introduce to us.

It has few choices to choose from, and it looks the same in the way they present the food. As the food came, it has rice, miso sauce, daikon, salad and the main fried meat. Except the fried meat, the rest is free flow where you can add as you like. We did keep top up the salad, rice and miso. What I'm impressed is the waitress still serve us with a smile, which I would say they are very professional in handling the customers.

The price is reasonable, about 1,100 yen to 1,600 yen.

Every set comes together with a 'strainer'. I think this is a very good way where those additional oil will flow out to the plate, and when we eating it, it is crispy without those oily taste within the meat.

It was very nice where we also had our last tonkatsu meal before leaving Japan. There is a restaurant in the airport. Hopefully will have another chance to come back to Japan, and tonkatsu definitely in my food wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment