Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thanh Binh Restaurant

Location: At the junction besides Ben Thanh Market. Easily spotted.

I've been here during my first business trip to HCMC, where my customer brought me to try out the noodle. I try to find again this spot after that, but I couldn't recognise it since it was quite some time after my last visit. However, still manage to get to this restaurant after few tries, and furthermore has promised Serene to try something different.

We ordered the pork stick to the sugar cane, and together with other vegetables such as cucumber, star fruits etc to make the spring roll ourselves. Typical Vietnamese food, but it taste really good. One need to smash the meat to small pieces and start to roll it. Dip the food onto the peanut sauce. This size of dish should be enough for 3-4 persons as we still ordering other stuff to eat.

We also order the shrimp spring roll (ready rolled). Another local foods which I like a lot. If look at the shrimp, it is very fresh as still reddish in color. This should be dip to another sauce, a clear color sauce. Another yummy stuff that should try out.

Finally, we ordered the shrimp and crab meat nooddle. This very much to our delight. The size just suitable for us, and not that oily.

Last but not least, we ordered our favourite juice. I've ordered the sapodilla fruit juice, which I think is famous in HCMC. Hard to find this juice at other SEA countries. I love this juice very much which I make it a must have list everytime for my HCMC trip. Another juice is strawberry juice.

Overall, this is a must try restaurant whenever in HCMC. It is very easy to find restaurant and one can try lot of local cuisine over here, not to mention the reasonable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment