Saturday, June 14, 2014

Putrajaya Floria 2014

Location: Promenade, Precinct 4, Putrajaya
Website: http://floriaputrajaya.com.my/

For a long time, I never been to the flora event after my dad passed away (about 20 years ago). Recently I'm engage with gardening hobby and since this event came by, why not have a visit as well as making this as family event. We decided to come today, as it is first day and Saturday, hoping not so much crowd. From the reading from internet, the past event attracted some 1 million visitors.

It's not so much of hassle to come over here, if you have smartphone installed with Waze, it would be good to search the official website and click on the Waze icon available, and it would bring you here to the venue. For this year, it is re-locate to a new permanent site with bigger capacity. There is a minimal entrance fees, RM3 for adult.

There are many gardens available, which most of the time I visited the outdoor theme gardens. Many corporate / government agencies came in full force to decorate the garden. For myself, as I'm doing gardening now, it would be good to get some idea on the outdoor theme. Since today is the first day of the exhibition, I would give a thumb up for the event as most of the decoration is beautiful.

I prefer those plant that could easily flowering, as well as low maintenance. Example of this concept above, not all flower is easily maintain but at least could give me some idea on how to arrange it. Well, there are still many things that I need to learn for the gardening.

We were lucky as it is cloudy day. Since we are entering the El-Nino effect, I was expecting it would be bloody hot under the sun, but thanks god.... Everyone was excited with the flower and keep taking photos and some curious visitor looking for latest innovation as well for gardening.

My daughter like this area. Colorful and yet soothing to look at. When the wind blows, my daughter will shout at it.

Another thing I like is some of the participants using recycle items to decorate their garden. Example they using the plastic bottle to make it as a canopy. Some touch up be done to make the decoration more colorful.

Another example using the log to decorate and some water splashing to the front of the lake.

According to my sister, this year event look better compare with the previous one that she attended. I guess this is due to the Visit Malaysia Year 2014 and the government wanna to make this event more happening. There is schedule as well of floating boat at night.

Another flower that I like, but not sure whether it is easy to maintain ????

We went to indoor garden, where lots of participants show case their decoration in smaller scale. However, this is from international participant with their concept.

Another concept displayed indoor.

There are many stalls available for you to buy plants, accessories etc. I bought a coco peat for myself.

Though I give a thumb up for the event, but still there are lot of improvement can be done.

For parking space, there are no one taking care of the space. As usual, there are some inconsiderate driver simply park their car without taking consideration whether they will block the traffic flow. By the time we want to go back, it was hard for us to exit from the car park.

Some seller still not fully ready with their stall preparation. Motorbike keep flowing in and out carrying flower to their respective stall. No proper lane for them to follow as we as visitor need to look out for the vehicle coming, especially when one bring their kids along.

Not many shaded area for the visitors. Also, if it is raining it would be havoc as most visitors will go to indoor park which will be very crowded then.

Hopefully from year to year, the event organizer will get better and better to organize such a big event. Kudos for them to make it happen this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment