Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Barbecue Garden.... midst of city

Location: 135A Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Tel: (84-8) 3823 3340
Operating Hours: 7am - 11pm

I was planning to take my dinner Nam Bộ, but the plan changed last minute. When my counterpart came to my hotel to pick me up, he told me he will bring me to another nice place, similar to Nam Bộ. Since it is a new place for me, I don't mind to try it out.

The restaurant was somewhere near to the Ben Thanh market. It is an open air concept, which resembles a big garden with lighting lit-up at night. It is quite romantic I would say.

My friend ordered the dishes for us, about 6 of us. This time around, I didn't take any photo as it is too dim to take photo. I just enjoying the foods. This restaurant is targeting both the local and tourist, offering Western-Vietnamese taste. Whatever put on the table, I just tried it out.

There is one dish, where my Vietnamese friend asked me to eat first without knowing what it is exactly. I just put it into my mouth, chew and swallow it. However, all the dishes almost looks like the same for me, fried meat, either goat or beef. I just can't believe when my friend told me I just swallowed the goat part where it is use for milk production... OMG... since it is nice, I just continue eating. Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment