Monday, October 24, 2011

Paloma Hotel

Location:
Coordinate: N05°34.3762′ W0°12.3159′
Contact:
Website: http://www.palomahotel.com/

I was assigned to Ghana to conduct training for a local partner in Accra. The hotel was booked by the partner for me, though I didn't expect much for the hotel. However, upon checking in to the hotel, the perception changed to better.

The hotel has lot of mural reflecting the joy in the country. One could see it on the walls, either on the pathway to my room or even at the restaurant. It can be seen trumpet, drum etc rejoicing on their daily life. At least seeing this everyday could make our life happier.

The restaurant looks a bit classic for me. It gives me the natural feeling. I would say the food in the restaurant not bad, however the portion is quite big for me. Most of the time I couldn't finish the food that I've ordered, what a waste even though I tried very hard to finish it. I also like the coffee served here every morning.

This is the guard house at the main gate.

Generally, the staff here is friendly. During the stay, just has a little comment on the wifi services where the signal wasn't very strong when inside the room.

When heading to airport on Friday, the jam was quite terrible. By the time reached airport, the person told the counter was closed for check-in. Wow, what a surprise to me even though it's 1 hour before the flight (at least on my watch). The jam was terrible on the way to airport, due to Friday. If I missed the flight, I need to wait for another 2 days to catch for the next flight, not knowing whether there was any available seat or not. But when confront again the counter and reasoning with them, luckily they allow me to check-in. Actually I've done my online check-in the night before. Once I'm at the departure hall, I need to wait for another 30 minutes before allow to boarding the plane.

It's a quite a adventurous experience for me for my first trip to Ghana. The memory of almost missing my flight will always stay in my mind forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment