Sunday, October 9, 2011

Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie

Location: No. 7, Jalan Delima, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
Coordinate: N03°08.7553′ E101°43.2357′
Website: http://www.levain.com.my/
Contact: +603-2142 6611
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday 7.30am - 9.00pm

This was the second visit for Serene but this is the first time I came here. We reached here about 4.00pm after did some visiting with my sister and brother-in-law. Together 4 of us came here for a late tea time. We just want to come here to try out some of the bread and relaxing ourselves during the weekend. Since we came here late, the crowd is considered ok. There is a car jockey available, to my surprise.

By the time we reached here, I like the place as it is located at quiet street in city center, furthermore at colonial style bungalows with classic and cosy environment gave further umpphh... The breads and pastries offered here are baked in a specially imported stone oven. Averagely, 4 new items are introduced every month.

Inside Levain, it is a 2 storey-bungalow decorated in neo-classical environment and has high ceiling, give us a spacious feeling (not those normal rat race of city life). Once we found an empty table, we went to order our own foods.

There weren't much choice of breads available for us. Guess fresh and popular breads were sold in short period of time once placed on the shelves. We ordered a maple log bread to be shared.

Since I liked durian so much, I just couldn't resists the tempatation when seeing durian cheesecake. The durian taste is strong enough, but I guess is a bit sweet for me.

I also ordered a bolognese spaghetti to share with Serene. Nothing much special for us. For other foods ordered, I couldn't have enough time to take photos before the foods end up in my sister and brother-in-law's stomach.

Another famous thing in Levain is their macaroons and cookies. I just loved too see those colorful macaroons on the display, though we didn't order any on our trip this time. We do hope to taste some in next visit.

Also famous for their cakes, this could be a good afternoon hang out place with friends to catch up or relaxing through out the weekend. No wonder lot of my friends told me this place is packed during weekend.

Recommend to come over here to try out the food, those English style evening tea and the environment here. At least this is something different, and unique enough that this is located in bustling city center yet at a quite corner of city life.

No comments:

Post a Comment