Friday, November 11, 2011

Euskal Restaurant

Location: Ramblas, 87, 08002 Barcelona

We just came from Andorra, and luckily we had a helpful cab driver asking the direction to our hotel. Once we had settled down, we came for this restaurant. This restaurant was recommended by Serene, she just came here few months ago. We came here to try out the paella and sangria.

It's quit easy to find this restaurant. Located at the famous La Rambla street, next to Mercat de Sant Josep, the famous market at La Rambla.

Inside the restaurant, it has 2 floors. However, we were sitting at the ground floor, as only 2 of us (my colleague & myself). The decoration is nice inside it, with multiple countries feeling like United Nation. However, I found the waiter quite slow when response to our request.

I've ordered a seafood (paella marinera) and beer as my lunch. It came in hot plate, which is meaning of paella, means "pan" in old French word. There are 2 shrimp in it, which I accidentally injured by tongue (bleeding) while eating it. Besides that, it also consists of mussels etc.


My colleague ordered mixed paella (paella mixta). It has chicken and mussels.

Overall, the food here taste nice, but I guess it's quite pricy. Based on the feedback from tripadvisor, the review for this restaurant wasn't good (based on the address of this restaurant). However, I just couldn't bother other people's review, but to try it myself first. It would be good to ask the price before ordering the food at this restaurant, just to make sure you won't get a surprise later on when the bill come.

No comments:

Post a Comment