Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Strolling around Andorra City

Yes, I'm back in Andorra for yet another business trip again. This time for the review of the project scope and I'm alone here. And what, today is Valentine's Day which I'm celebrating alone, walking alone down the street and most likely end up shopping alone in this tax-free country. The client once again booked for me the same hotel that I stayed last time, Hotel Plaza Andorra.

Though it was a long journey and lonely, I've decided to visit the town by foot since it's accessible by foot. Weather still cold though it's already mid-Feb. Came across this unique "clock" in the town, and beneath it was stream with crystal clear water. And I could still feels the Christmas mood around the city.

Across the stream, it is this outstanding colorful building next to Mr Frost. Though little gloomy, the color of the building really standout. The shop was selling some camera equipment. The road in front is vehicle-free street, hence just take my own sweet steps looking around and enjoying the scenery over here. Not much vehicle anyway, since it was week day. Usually the town will be packed with tourist especially in summer when a lot of people travelling between France and Spain using their own transport. This would be their so called pit stop to buy cigarette, alcohol or perfume. Much more cheaper compare with other town in Europe.

As walking around, suddenly it start snowing. I love that especially I comes from a country which either hot season or rainy season. I always love to come to four seasons countries enjoying their weather. At least from the fashion perspective, it's not dull.

From the architecture perspective, I admire and likes to see the building here. Example this restaurant which is unique on its own with the rock wall. There are few similar design, maybe due to the mountainous surrounding here. I'm still looking for a shopping center which I could shop my souvenir for family member.

At the town center, it's so beautiful with the mountain as backdrop. During the peak of the winter, this city could turn into white city which my client told me that is really beautiful. Every year they could spend their white Christmas here. I was hoping then that this meeting could be done in December but I know it's almost impossible due to the fact of the festive season and most of them were taking leave at that time. But hopefully I could return here to experience the white Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment